Fredo, I would go back and start again with the instructions in this
post:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?106668-Vortexbox-forums-amp-VB-Wiki-domains-dead&p=876596&viewfull=1#post876596

noting the following-
Step 4. From http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=7.9 , find
the Logitech Media Server: RedHat (RPM) Installer Package and right
mouse click on the link and select "copy link location". Then in your
Putty session - type  dnf install and right mouse click to paste the
link location, then enter to execute the command.

Step 7. this is where I have had to systemctl enable
squeezeboxserver.service before it will start.

A camel is a racehorse designed by a committee.

Seen sprayed on the outside wall of the local library -
Three things I hate in life :
1. Vandalism
2. Irony
3. Lists