The SB devices that I still use are the Booms and Radios; the screens on
them makes them great devices for bedroom and kitchen. But they are only
ever going to be of interest to people who already have LMS.

For real music listening I can't see what hardware could be made to
please everyone. I'm currently using a PC, multi channel sound card and
digital active. Niche. The market is too fragmented.

The SB system was always too fiddly for general use - it allowed too
many freedoms, so there were problems. If they had sold a control unit
(LMS server, plug into router wired) and then wireless units that 'just
worked', they could have done more, but Sonos took that market.

Interestingly, LMS is about the only system I know that plays the
majority of streaming services (Spotify, Tidal, Qobuz etc) onto the
majority of devices (Pi, DLNA players, SB devices, Chromecast) and with
great remote control, so in some ways is more useful than ever. However,
I still don't use it on my main system as the integration between my
library and Tidal is not good enough - it's too many clicks from one to
the other.

SB3, Dac-in-the-Box, Sony VFET, Snell Type Cs
Boom x 2, Radio