Pippin, I agree. It's a weird coincidence. The behavior is the same
across all my iOS devices: the app launches, "Free your music" appears,
it scans for devices, and then shows my Squeezebox Duet in the selection
list. However, clicking on the Duet does nothing. I've gone through the
usual steps, rebooting, deleting and re-adding the app, re-signing into
mysqueezebox.com, etc. The original hardware Controller works just fine.
So it's just the app.

BTW, does iPeng work across iOS 6 devices? My old iPod4 (was) my main
controller remote for my Duet. That's part of the reason I haven't
engaged other options up to now.