Matt Hooper wrote:
> THANKS VERY MUCH FOR ALL THE HELP EVERYONE.  I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!
>
> Update:
>
> I bought another album from the same web site (showup records).
>
> This time I bought it and downloaded it on to my home mac then
> transferred the new album to my external drive.  Like the last album, it
> would not show up when scanned.
> I had to batch convert from the downloaded AIFF format to FLAC on the
> mac, then put that version on to my external, then it showed up when
> scanned, properly tagged.
>
> It's good to at least have a solution, but it's still frustrating to be
> stuck with a kludge for buying digital music.

I am not familiar with the site where you bought the files, but I’m
guessing there is something a bit odd about their file format. This
“kludge” is not normally necessary for getting files to be recognized
and play in LMS.

*Home:* VBA 4TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio
(ethernet)
*Cottage:* VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch> Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio
w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
*Office:* Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1>Squeezelite
*The Wild (no internet): *PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry
Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
*Controllers:* iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or
SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
*Files:* ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
Streaming: Spotify