DJanGo wrote:
> We are talking/writing about the same.
>
> A saved Playlist- is an entirely different kind of flying altogether!-
> ;-)

Again thank you!
I have now digested the command you provided (at least to some
degree:-)). It is the first time I have thought about what the CLI can
really do - amazing!

It made me think about another feature that I have been wishing for for
a long time:
Sometimes I (or friends) accidentally zap the active playlist by
pressing "play" to an item found by a search in the music library. I
would like to be able to "go back" to the previous active playlist. Now,
this is quite tricky since it would require every update to the active
playlist to be "saved to disk" and also require functionality to make
the "playlist saved to disk available".

As a poor man's solution: Saving the current playlist once a day among
the "real" playlist pointed to by LMS settings. Such a playlist could
have a filename containing the date. I would then delete older playlist.
This could be achieved through CLI and crontab (I just don't know how to
turn an active playlist into a named playlist).

If you are still up for helping me ...

Best
-thomas

PS: I will try your solution to my original post later today and let you
know how it went.
PPS: Long live LMS :-)

--
*Server*:  Raspberry Pi 3 running LMS 7.9.0
*Players*: SB receiver + 4 SB boom, two groups: Group1: 3 SB Boom +

*Apps*:
Tidal