d6jg wrote:
> Don’t know about Harmony for sure but I recently got my hands on a
> second hand Denon CEOL RCDN7. It surprised me.
> It has optical and also has Airplay and works with Phillipe’s Plugin
> perfectly.

Thank you, this is exactly the type of feedback I was hoping for. Even
though there is no need for a CD player, it's nice and compact, and in
the right quality/cost bracket (i.e. Denon, Onkyo, Marantz, NAD, etc).

My comment on Harmony is the I use a cheap Harmony 650 universal remote
for "play music" "stream TV" etc all in one commands for simplicity for
users other than I (wife and guests). I would like it if the amp would
just receive IR commands for power on/off, volume, input, etc. Some of
the desktop amps, like the Audio Engine one, do not.

Regarding your comment on Airplay, and Phillipe's plug in, I am not
familiar...what would/could, that do for me over the planned
Touch->amp->speakers (control via touch, or android app)?

Jim