I'm on an endless task of rationalizing genres, after years of neglect.
I'm trying to reduce the number of genres by eliminating overlap and
correcting obvious stupidities. Perfection is not the goal.

In a number of cases I have completely eliminated a genre and
re-assigned the tracks to other genres. However, the genre often but not
always remains, but shows as empty. So no tracks have that genre, but it
still stays in the list.

This is after a full rescan.

Why is this?

Ron

LMS on a dedicated server (FitPC3)
Transporter (Ethernet) - main listening, Onkyo receiver, Paradigm
speakers
Touch (WiFi) - home theater 5.1, Sony receiver, Energy speakers
Boom 1 (WiFi) - work-space
Boom 2 (WiFi) - various (deck, garage, etc.)
Radio (WiFi) - home office
Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used),
Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 4)
Touch x 1 - spare
UE Radio x 1 - spare
Boom x 1 - spare