Tom Sea wrote:
> I found what you mean. At the top, for "Logging" what do I select?:
> >   >   >
  - Please select log set...
  - Reset logging preferences
  - Internet Radio
  - Media Scanner
  - Server
  - Transcoder

Ignore this - tehse are ways of setting a number of logging when looking
at a class of problem.

> And lower down for "(network.protocol.slimproto) - SlimProto
> (Squeezebox/Transporter) Protocol" what do I select?:
> >   >   >
  - Error:
  - Off
  - Fatal
  - Error
  - Warn
  - Info
  - Debug

INFO will be adequate. Debug will be too verbose.

With slimproto logging - make no other playing is ON - otherwise
there'll be lots of message regarding other players.

> Also, how do I clear the log so that I can show only Transporter stuff
> and not everything since I reinstalled 8.2.0 and it scanned my music
> files? Is there a wiki for logging? I could not find it.
Delete server.log file. Best done when LMS is stopped.

No wiki for logging - just too much to write down.  Slimproto is
documented in the WebGUI Help (bottom left) / Technical information /
The Squeezebox Client protocol.

You'll be looking at the STAT messages - logged as STMx (where x is a
letter).

Best way is to note time when you start test.