bpa wrote:
> At night, lots of thing happen.  Power save modes means lower tx/rx
> power, greater interference from neighbours etc., DHCP IP lease
> expire/renew etc.
>

> Certainly old chips were designed in the expectation of how radio
> bandwidth was being used and that has changed radically in 10 years -
> new chips have to be better at finer details but old chips find it hard
> to ignore the unexpected overspill of the new tech and so for old chips
> it is hard to see the signal clearly.  That is why I suggest an old
> router as an AP - and keep all new tech Wifi on significantly different
> frequencies.

Even when the Duet was brand new I was always struggling with wifi, I'd
have good months, and bad months, relocations, reboots, etc.

So instead of getting an older access point I think i'm going to try
getting a handful of these and connect to the ethernet ports:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B093WZ15FR/

Unless anybody has a better recommendation on brand?

1 Touch
5 Receivers
3 Controllers
2 Radios
Making streaming music in my home a full time job!