Virgus Wrote:
> Thanks Radish!
> I was wrong this time too: I kept listening to squeezebox and after
> killing slim.exe task it took 47 seconds to the buffer to empty! Wow I
> didn't expect a 128k buffer took so long to be emptied!

If you mean the softsqueeze buffer, I don't think it's 128k. That's the
_audio_ buffer, which is used on the output side. I don't know how big
the network buffer is but I'd guess the same size as an SB2/3, which is
pretty big.

> If I press stop/pause/skip on the server AND press play on the client
> player then the command is accepted and executed instantly by the
> server instead of the 6-8 seconds wait.
>
> The server waits from the player acknowledgment to execute the
> skip/pause/stop commands or waits some time to do it anyway...
> Really wish I could solve this...

I discussed this already. By hitting play on the client you're forcing
a reconnect, flushing all the buffers. The server has nothing to do
with it.

--
radish