shen wrote:
Hi all,

I'm looking for a simple way to do the following:

On the machine slimserver is installed I want to start a windows
program if a special button of the slimserver remote is pressed.

Sounds simple, but it seems not to be that simple :(

I googled a lot and found programs which can monitor XPL or XAP events
sent by slimserver on the press of a remote button, but I did not find
a simple way to start an executeble on such an event.

Isn't there a simple application which can listen to XPL or XAP
messages from slimserver and on a special message (remote button) a
program can be started?

Has anybody a solution for this?

I am sure xplhal can do this.

Setup a 'determinator' in xplhal to listen for the IR message of the 'special' button. Then set the action to launch a program.