gorstk Wrote:

> I am sure xplhal can do this.
>
> Setup a 'determinator' in xplhal to listen for the IR message of the
> 'special' button. Then set the action to launch a program.

Not really.

I did the following:

Installed xPLHAL Manager 1.53
It can see my SqueezeBox in "xPL" devices so far.

According to
http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:vnYJSVMRfOwJ:www.xplproject.org.uk/modules.php%3Fop%3Dmodload%26name%3DSections%26file%3Dindex%26req%3Dprintpage%26artid%3D34+xpl+slimserver+execute+program&hl=de&gl=de&ct=clnk&cd=11
saying

> SlimServer's xPL interface can handle infra-red signals in a variety of
> ways. By default, no xPL messages are sent when you press a button on
> your remote control. To change this, do the following:
>
> - Open the xPLHal Manager and click on xPL Devices.
>
> - Your player(s) should be listed, along with any other xPL devices you
> may have, in the right-hand window.
>
> - Double-click on the name of your player to bring up it's
> configuration window.
>
> - Select infrared from the list of configurable items.
>
> - The value will probably be set to "none". Delete the current value,
> and enter the word buttons
>
> - Click OK.
>
> Your player will now send an xPL message whenever you press a button on
> it's remote control.

this does not work for me. Double clicking the player I get an error
saying
_No_information_is_currently_available_about_this_device._This_device_has_not_issued_a_config.list_message,_therefore_xPLHal_is_not_aware_of_which_items_can_be_cofigured_
Looking at the integrated xPL Monitor, I can see messages from my
SqueezeBox coming in.

I'm using SlimServer 6.3.0 with SoftSqueeze 2.7 and a SqueezeBox v3
with the latest firmware () installed.

Stefan

--
shen