On 19-Oct-06, at 12:04 AM, norderney wrote:

I have just un-installed SlimSever software and re-installed version
6.5.1 10386 2006-10-18, and I am still unable to access the web browser
on my PC, and the scanning process fails after a few minutes !!!

anything in the event viewer? not much anyone can do without something more specific.

if there isn't anything, try running command-line with the service stopped:
c:\program files\slimserver\server\slim.exe --d_scan --d_info --d_import

let it scan and see if it stops on the same song each time, or if any errors come up when it crashes.
-kdf