Mark Lanctot wrote:
> Well yes, password size matters, but I was referring to AES's more
> advanced encryption than TKIP.
>
> Since TKIP hasn't been broken yet, AES is overkill - but still, it
> costs nothing in terms of time and money to implement, so I did it.

The main risk at the moment is using brute force to crack the keys.
Using a short password or one from a dictionary is just as big a problem
with AES as with TKIP.

That's also the attack against WEP, except that in this case some
stupidities in the protocol implementation make it a lot easier.
But it's not very difficult to make an insecure implementation of AES
encryption.

Regards,
Peter