The Transporter's main UI, the remote, is superb. Once you get the hang
of it, you'll see how good it is. Don't forget that you can customize
the menus and you can download plugins like Lazy search and song
scanner.

Now I never tried the SONOS's remote, but I wouldn't say its more
polished. Its certainly slicker, flashier more aesthecially pleasing.
One thing I like about it, though, is that you can see the album art
while browsing your music collection. We are visual animals, after all.
But I'm not sure its a better remote overall, though. I'm willing to bet
that I can find a track faster with my Squeezebox's remote than with a
SONOS remote.

--
Nostromo