seanadams;207505 Wrote:
> Nic - you seem to be suggesting that the only way to make the product
> easier to use is to compromise its advanced capabilities. I disagree.

Sorry Sean, but I can't see where you read into that from my post! :)
I am a firm believer that the advanced options have to stay, I was just
trying to suggest that perhaps they should be hidden from view unless
"show advanced options" is selected (for example!) - so that the
setup/interface appears uncomplicated to those users who find all this
confusing...

@Erland: Where exactly is the big issue with ripping/tagging?
It really isn't that difficult in my experience. I have progressed from
starting with iTunes doing it all at the very beginning to using EAC
(with MAREO) and tag tweaking (if ever necessary) with MP3Tag. Even
with the different systems and the different ID3 tag versions (for my
old MP3 files - I've matured to FLAC a while ago!) that this has
produced I must obviously be very lucky and don't have Interface
issues.
Do we _really_ need to make it so noddy proof?

My feeling is we all end up having to use a system that is aimed at the
lowest denominator.

Nic

--
DrNic