If you're a windows user have a look at Anapod from
www.redchairsoftware.com.

It's not a music manager, more of an alterntive way of copying music to
the iPod. I have FLACs organised in a folder structure
(genre/artist/album) so I don't really need the library stuff. Anapod
lets you drag/drop from windows to the iPod and transcode FLACs to
WAV/MP3 on the fly with tags intact.

It's a *very* slow process to transcode several thousand flacs if you
want the whole library on the iPod but that'll be the same with
anything and you only need to do it the once!

But... I've recently become a dbPowerAmp convert for ripping and they
have a companion product for iPod copying. It's not yet compatable with
the latest dbPowerAmp but I'm keeping an eye on it because it might make
things a bit more integrated.

IMHO the Touch is exceptionally cute but mostly wasted effort. Nicely
implemented though the browser is, I don't really need a portable wifi
device; I can't see a use for it in my environment. One of the HTC
smartphones makes much more sense to me. Plus the wheel on the classics
is just hard to beat for usability in terms of a) scrolling through a
huge music list and b) a volume control.

Having said that once you pick a touch up you really won't want to put
it down again :-)

Marc.

--
sugarmonster