BetterDAC;257392 Wrote:
> [...]itÂ’s harder to make the leap that a Trasporter would sound better
> than a system with better technical specs that was designed by an
> audiophile company.

Such as which one?

The DAC1 is an excellent DAC but it does NOT beat Transporter on specs.
Also, it uses ASRC, which as expected makes for OK measurements but is
not universally believed to be without disadvantages in subjective
sound quality.

Also, note that at this level of performance, you can't really look at
two manufacturer's own specs side by side and expect a difference of
one or two dB to tell you much. They have to be tested on the same
equipment with the same cables etc, because these tests are going to be
pushing the limits of the measuring equipment itself. Benchmark's
published specs were done on AP, whereas our were done on the dScope.

If you are interested in how it stacks up against the DAC1 in
particular, here is a test I did which deomnstrates Transporter's
significantly lower jitter and noise floor. All products tested the
same instrument:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=28126

BetterDAC, your posts are quite ill-informed on the whole subject. You
should read up further on our products, and on DAC characteristics in
general, because your controversial viewpoints don't seem to be
supported by anything at all!

--
seanadams