ModelCitizen;266844 Wrote:
> perhaps just a little training course in customer relations

Rule 1: empathise with the complainant, better than 'yeah I feel your
pain'

A simple "I agree, but to maintain steady price points and protect
customers from exchange rate fluctuations, we need to build in a little
fat - and don't forget import duties and sales taxes like VAT.  We also
need to make sure that we preserve a good relationship with our
distros, so in practice the direct price is sometimes higher than the
'street' price.  I suggest that you wait until they're in good supply
over there, and see if the price isn't a bit better than it currently
seems" would have defused the situation :)

--
adamslim

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have
others

SB+, EAR V20, Living Voice OBX-R2s plus some other stuff
SB3, Charlize, Harbeth HL-P3ES