I'm sure we've been here before, or is it deju vue all over again?  I
think there is a clear need for a party-mode plugin which would disable
all setting changes and only allow you to add tracks to the end of the
playlist.

Have access through the web UI (password protected) for "fixing" the
playlist when someone has lined up 16 consecutive plays of The Birdy
Song.

For extra credit, have configuration options in the plugin to allow the
use of the "play" (ie wipe playlist) button when you have a well-trained
(sober!) group visiting.

For extra extra credit, hide all of the unnecessary menu options.

Maybe even allow configuration settings to hide certain genres
completely (I know, I've probably gone too far here).

Would the NoSetup plugin be a good place to start?

--
ceejay