slwiser;267662 Wrote:
> Answer me this:  Is it possible to setup a fixed IP for SB and let
> everything else float?
Absolutely.
-Assuming- your W45G is your DHCP server, just look at that box to see
what range the server is assigning to DHCP clients.
Also assuming a "class C" network (192.168.1.NNN) for instance, be sure
to avoid NNN.NNN.NNN.1 (probably used by the router itself) and
NNN.NNN.NNN.255 (broadcast).

An alternate way to assign a fixed address is to set the DHCP server to
"reserve" an address for a particular address (the DHCP server would use
the MAC address for this).

I basically do this for everything that's regularly on any network I
work on as it makes some other things I do lots easier, which,
hopefully, aren't relevant here.

--
bobkoure