dean;277186 Wrote:
> There is some banding, but I don't think that it's as bad as the example
> you posted.?

The problem I'm seeing is not banding. I know what banding is, and the
SBC does not display the image nearly as well as a 5-6-5 display
would.

dean;277186 Wrote:
> The SBC doesn't do any dithering, but it probably should.

I don't think that's necessary. A 5-6-5 display should provide adequate
results for MOST images. Only images with gradients will show banding.

dean;277186 Wrote:
> Can you file a bug on http://bugs.slimdevices.com and attach the
> original image that you are having problems with?

Thanks. I will do that. Obviously the software is doing some really bad
things with the image before it's sent to the SBC.

Now I'm guessing that it might be converted to 8-bits to limit bandwith
and save processing time in the SBC. If this is the case, the conversion
to 8-bits (256 colors) is done very poorly!

Thanks,
Peter

--
pnielsen