dean blackketter;277398 Wrote:

> 2.  The photo you took appears to be taken from slightly above
> perpendicular to the screen.  The viewing angle on the Controller LCD
>
> is better from the natural angle when holding the device in your hand,
>
> slightly _below_ perpendicular.  I was able to verify that the image
> looks a much better when viewed normally in the hand.
>
> So the takeaway is that we can do better by doing a proper dither on
> the device from 888 to 565.  Also, the viewing angle matters.

I have noticed that the images look much better at an angle, but it's
pretty extreme.  The dither issue is quite obvious at perpendicular and
the ideal angle seems to be about 45 degrees.  Given the function of the
device (it's iPod like in use, not a remote control that needs to be
pointed), the natural viewing angle for me is perpendicular, not at a
steep angle.

--
bradjudy