dean blackketter;277398 Wrote:
> So the takeaway is that we can do better by doing a proper dither on the
> device from 888 to 565.  Also, the viewing angle matters.

Great! I believe this will take care of the problem. Please use
Floyd-Steinberg dithering (or an equally good method).

BTW, what is the size of the artwork displayed by the SBC?

Is it possible to use a lossless format (e.g. PNG, BMP, or GIF) instead
of JPG for the artwork? If this is possible, I'm going to try converting
the source files to the native size of the SBC and use 5-6-5
Floyd-Steinberg dithering.

Thanks,
Peter

--