I've been running version 6.5.4 on a Vista 64 bit self built system....
SCSI SATA 8GB RAM... ETC.... bottom line no issues whatsoever. I just
tried installing the new SqueezeCenter 7.00 and it failed miserably.
I'm about to transition to setup which will have my database (16,303
FLAC files) stored on Netgears NAS NV+. I plan on using the software
embedded in the NAS  or using a laptop connected wireless to the
network to control the Slim server linked to the files on the NAS when
the PC (huge draw on power and during the summer major heat issues)is
down. I have one Transporter connected Ethernet based with Netgears HD
Gaming N Network kit - and one Sqeezebox connected wireless with
Wireless-G.
Any comments?

--
MarkReif