This is all good detail. It's hard to analyse with only a sketchy
outline of the database but I seriously believe the answers lie there.

I'm not proposing a single track record - just to eliminate the many-to
many tables. If that is not currently possible, how about creating an
index on both columns in each m-to-m table? Then create an index on the
referenced column in each parent. It's a bit messy but it could
eliminate a lot of table scans.

By the way, I downloaded a couple of your plugins but, as they are not
*.bin files, I can't upload them to he ReadyNas. Any chance of bin
files?

--
larrettp