Thanks for the comments.  I guess I need to do some changes.  But the
thing is I do not want to mix my 6000 MP3 with My ripped FLAC. I also
dont want to do a cleanup of my MP3, it took me long enough to clean
the 500 FLAC albums with the artwork and all.

So it seems that I will need to break my MP3 in sub folders.  I wonder
if 500 files is OK, that would make it to 6 sub folders.  I also
noticed with this setup that with my duet controler when I browse in
albums it has created a "No Album" icon with Various Artists, and in
there are my 6000 MP3 (because I removed all album tags).  If I dare
click on that icon I also get very slow response and freezing up to the
point where the music will start cutting off.  There is something
happening that slimbox does not like, I m not sure that creating my sub
folders will really help.  Anyone else getting the same response??

Cheers

--
Jac