Just before we get into that, I think that the 'ouch' just got a stutter
was because Laptop2 was still associated with 'Linksys'. I went to check
out L2 - and music was still playing - then when I started messing with
the network settings (to get it on to the new SSID) I could hear the
music stutter even more.....then when I Shut Down L2 and skipped to the
next track - it has...so far....been perfect.

Anyway the server software is also doing my head in a bit. I was fine
with SlimServer - then I downloaded Squeezecenter - and could not get
it connected to my Squeezebox.....(I haven;t tried in the last hour
since SSID change).

So I have the remnants of SlimServer:
SlimServer Version: 6.5.4 - 12568 - Windows Server 2003 - EN - cp1252

I can't see a Server & Network Health plug in.....

Here is the screen I am looking at (attached)...

|Filename: cronshd screen.doc                                       |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5430|

cronshd