Hi - ok - yes I think it must be a neighbours device (from a long
distance). I switched mine off and could see on NetStumbler there was
still a Linksys - and if I did Fn+F5 - to scan for wireless networks it
came up. Interestingly, it came up at about 5% strength - and yet now
when I switch my router back on the neightbour Linksys is about 90%.

Anyway, my next question (and btw - thanks so much guys for your
patience and time on this) - is this. When I saw there were duplicate
names a few hours ago (before your 'neighbour suggestion' - I changed
router name and got myself into a bit of mess and so I changed it back.
So I want to know how to changed the SSID in easy steps.

What happened for me to get in a mess?

Ok - the set up here is 1 modem, 1 linksys wireless router, I Tranquil
server and 2 laptops running Windows XP.

1. I went to the Linksys url and changed the SSID to Linksysnew
2. Then I discovered of course, that I lost the connection on Laptop1.
3. On Laptop1 if I go to Windows-Control Panel-Network Connections -
there aren;t any. (I had anticipated I would just go there and make a
change somewhere there).
4. So I went to Laptop2 and managed to connect and change the SSID back
to linksys

...So I appreciate this might be a bit outside of your domain - but if
you could help on this it would be great.

Thanks again.

--
cronshd