results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=41597
Question: Does Album Catalogue Creator (RC5+) create a trustworthy
output?

- Yes
- Yes but with minor issues
- No
- It does not work at all

ntom;320740 Wrote:
> Success!
>
> I still haven't managed to get past the 3716 error 'safety settings on
> this computer prohibit accessing a data source on another domain' on my
> office PC or my musicserver.  I am able to access the database from the
> office PC for tagging etc with no problem.
>
> So as a last resort  tried it on my laptop.  I had an ODBC access
> problem at first.  Disabling Windows XP firewall on the server solved
> this problem and I have produced my first reports!  Needed a little
> tidying of tags to get repots looking good.
>
> Brilliant application!
>
> The only slightly odd looking thing I have left is where I have both a
> track and album artist defined, each track is listed twice, once for
> the track artist & once for the album artist.
> e.g. Loudmouth -Best of Bob Geldof & the Boomtown Rats.  Some tracks
> are credited to Bob Geldof (TrackArtist) & some to the Boomown Rats
> (TrackArtist) but I have AlbumArtist=Bob Geldof & the Boomtown Rats!
>
> Is there a way of defeating this so that the track is only printed once
> for either AlbumArtist or TrackArtist?

Great to hear everything is working now. Was disabling/modifying the
firewall the solution to the problem (good to know)?

I believe that the problem you are facing with is due to the fact that
squeezecenter actually stores two references to the album in the
database.
The same thing occurs when you specify multiple artists by using the
';' as seperator char.

I'll see if I can create a fix for it. I need to build a query that
could combine the different artist results for a single album but must
admit my SQL knowledge is not quiet the level required here ;-) If
anyone is able to help me out by a really intelligent SQL query, I
would be most happy. Otherwise i have to create a workaround in the
code processing the current results which would not benefit the
performance I'm afraid. Anyway. Issues is on my to do list.

Frank

--
SilverRS8

Author of -'AlbumCatalogCreator' (http://www.vanholt.nl/acc/acc.htm)-