On 2015-01-18 at 14:11:35 -0800, W. Trevor King wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 01:32:09PM -0600, Zakariyya Mughal wrote:
> > … but my main concern is how to make installing and learning these
> > tools easier…
>
> Installation shouldn't be too bad.  I think most Linux distros have
> Perl out of the box, and I'd expect OS X to bundle it as well.  Git
> uses Perl for a number of internal scripts, so I'd expect Git for
> Windows installs it [1].  If not, then you'd certainly get it with the
> msysGit build environment [2].

Yes, those should work. Even MATLAB comes with its own version of Perl. :-P

Greg mentioned that there are scripts to perform a sanity check of the
environment for a given lesson. Where are those located?

For Windows, Strawberry Perl might be better since it has a newer
version of Perl and comes with a compiler and libffi support in case we
see a need to use tools from CPAN.

Regards,
- Zaki Mughal