I'll set up a perl-discuss list for Software Carpentry - worked well for folks building our R lesson.
Thx,

On 2015-01-18 5:54 PM, W. Trevor King wrote:
On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 04:32:29PM -0600, Zakariyya Mughal wrote:
Greg mentioned that there are scripts to perform a sanity check of
the environment for a given lesson. Where are those located?
I'm maintaining those, and there are public repositories here [1,2].
The've also been merged into the workshop-template repository [3,4].

For Windows, Strawberry Perl might be better since it has a newer
version of Perl and comes with a compiler and libffi support in case
we see a need to use tools from CPAN.
msysGit has a compiler (since it's used to build Git).  I'm not sure
how they handle package dependencies, but you might want to check
there first before moving off to other installers (since then you
don't have to figure out how to integrate the externally-installed
Perl with msysGit's Bash shell).

Cheers,
Trevor

[1]: http://git.tremily.us/?p=swc-setup-installation-test.git