Nathan,

Since instructor training and workshops became a thing (~2013).

Original CoC from the old website:
https://github.com/swcarpentry/DEPRECATED-website/blame/master/bootcamps/conduct.html

It was revisited and strengthened with a community committee developed
spanning both Software Carpentry and Data Carpentry to deal with reporting
and violations in 2016.

That committee has evolved to the point where they will be doing their
first round of formal incident response training among the members of the
committee and staff.

So you can see it has been an ongoing thing for awhile and we continue to
try to improve how we are prepared to enforce it.

Regards,
---
Jonah Duckles
The Carpentries