Le vendredi 11 novembre 2005 à 12:21 -0600, Randomthots a écrit :
> mark wrote:

> Think about it: If html-mail is associated with spam -- and I will
> gladly stipulate that there is a statistical correlation -- and if 1)
> ISPs filter much of that spam as mine does, and if 2) much of the rest
> is caught by individual e-mail clients, as mine is, and if 3) most
> people simply delete what does get through all that, as I do, then
> html-mail is a spectacularly ineffective vector for malware.

Spam never was about effectiveness. Spam always was about
blanket-bombing and massive waste of ressource.

Accepted (by mail admin people) HTML mail will happen when people get
together and write and RFC about the XHTML subset one can sanely use in
mail clients (ie remove all the dangerous elements built-in XHTML). And
then refuse anything except this subset. And it won't ever happen
because :
1. the only interested people are Outlook/Notes/WordMail users
2. Outlook/Notes/WordMail output and process non-standard XHTML and
writing a spec they'd have to respect is the last thing in the minds of
their authors. So even if someone else wrote it they would ignore it.

However since you obviously care about HTML mail I invite you to specify
an XHTML subset that can not be abused, get it supported by outlook, and
come back asking for thunderbird/OO.o support.

--
Nicolas Mailhot