2007/4/29, Girard Aquino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

I am a new convert from Microsoft Office to OpenOffice, and I must say
that I have completely made the shift, from using OpenOffice, to creating
document in the open document format. I made an effort to disseminate the
application to my students as well, believing in the creed of the opensource
community in general.

I do have a suggestion for improving the OpenOffice suite. I tried to use
the link to Feature Implementation, but didn't quite understand how to do
it, so I opted to email instead - implying that I am no computer programmer,
so pardon this email, as I know it would take up resources and time for you
guys to read.

Since one of the goals of OpenOffice is to become a (the most) powerful
productivity suite, maybe one of the applications which should be included
in the suite is a PDF viewer/reader/editor. Since Writer can export to PDF,
perhaps OO should have a PDF application of its own. As I understand, PDF is
a preferred format especially for business and commercial document sharing,
so I guess it would really make OO a productive and power office suite if it
had one. I myself prefer this format when students pass online papers for a
number of reasons. That way, there wouldn't be a need to have a separate
application to view PDF documents you are working on.

I think there's really no need to elaborate it as I would think most
readers would understand the point in all of this.

PS
I have not really done a thorough search, if in case this feature is
already available in OO 2.2 and I am the only one not knowledgeable about
it, so pardon me. I would however appreciate it if I could be informed of
the latter. Thanks.

That would indeed be nice, but isn't there some legal issues of doing
something like that? Would it be possible to implement that without paying
someone for it (Adobe?)?

Johnny Andersson

Reply via email to