Yes, but they would still have to have the big scary warning telling
them about the problems with formatting loss, since if they didn't it
would be a real pain when they send their 'word document' and the
pictures are all mangled at the receiving end.

I recently made a document involved a large complex table, that I
saved in MS Word format for experiments purpose, and it opened fine
again in writer. However MS word mangled it upon opening, not only
that but it also was impossible to reformat it again as everything
seemed to be 'out of bounds' so to speak.

I've found the simplest thing is to use the 'PDF export' button.
saving as MS word is not really the answer for aforesaid reasons.
Instead when getting everyone excited about open source, make sure to
point out the practical steps required, and get them out of the way
while you're there to help them. It's worked for my convert :D


--
Chris Monahan

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to