DAVID HOLE wrote:
Hello,

In Writer I went to "Help>Check for Updates". The dialog box message
read "A new update is available. Click 'OK' to open the website,
where you can start the download".

Clicking "OK" takes me to
http://update.services.openoffice.org/ooo/221.html, which does not
seem to offer the update. Perhaps I'm overlooking something.

It seems obvious that "SOLUTIONS", "CONTRIBUTE", and "FEEDBACK"
sections wouldn't link to an update. The "SERVICES" section seemed
possible, but when I followed the link in that section, I still
didn't find anything that looks like an update to writer.

David


Actually it did, David

To update you have to install the _whole_ new version. Incremental updates are not available (probably because of limited resources for checking for bugs on all the different OS).

So if you have say 2.2.0 and 2.2.1 is available, then this is an update.

Look at the Release Notes to see whether you think it is worthwhile.

HTH

Russell
--
Note that this is a mailing list maintained by volunteers. Please consider subscribing so you will see all replies.

Please reply only to [email protected]

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to