Hello David,
DAVID HOLE wrote:
In Writer I went to "Help>Check for Updates". The dialog box message
read "A new update is available. Click 'OK' to open the website,
where you can start the download".
Clicking "OK" takes me to
http://update.services.openoffice.org/ooo/221.html, which does not
seem to offer the update. Perhaps I'm overlooking something.
It seems obvious that "SOLUTIONS", "CONTRIBUTE", and "FEEDBACK"
sections wouldn't link to an update. The "SERVICES" section seemed
possible, but when I followed the link in that section, I still
didn't find anything that looks like an update to writer.
Actually, the new version (2.3) is not available yet.
If it were, there would have been offered a section RELEASES on top of
the others you mentioned.
But, if you check for updates and do get the indication that a new
version is available, your experience is not what you should expect.
Kindest regards,
Cor
--
Cor Nouws
Arnhem - Netherlands
nl.OpenOffice.org - marketing contact
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]