On 2007.08.20. 20:06, Stefan Monnier wrote:
Your product was recently recommended to me be a nice chap at PC
World. I had never heard of it before.  Upon looking at what it offers
I am very tempted to download it.  However, call me an old cynic, but
I keep asking people, why is the product free?  What's in it for the
producers of the product?  What am I missing?

In the case of OOo (which I suspect is a lot more Open Source than Free
Software), I'd expect that ethical motives are not at source of the decision
to free the source code.

why ? check out the license it is published under (especially after sissl got dropped, even though that one also was approved) - it fits all the points about freedom that is passed on to receiver.
...
--
 Rich

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to