Hi:

 

I have been using OpenOffice v. 2.2 for a few months now.  It is a great
program.  As a lawyer, I would be great if OpenOffice could incorporate an
automatic Table of Authorities function similar to that of MS Office and
WordPerfect into a future release of the Writer software.  While I have read
suggestions about using the Table of Contents function, it simply isn’t the
same as the Table of Authorities functionality available in other
wordprocessors.

 

With the Table of Authorities function, the user inserts a code into the
document (using ALT + SHIFT + I).  The program marks all occurrences of that
text.  Then, when ready, the user uses the Insert > Reference > Index and
Tables command and the program creates a Table of Authorities.  The Table of
Authorities identifies every page on which a particular case, statute, rule,
etc. appears in the document.  This is different than a Table of Contents
since it includes every page on which a reference appears.

 

This would be a useful tool for me and I suspect other law firms would be
prepared to convert to OpenOffice if this functionality were added.

 

Thanks for your consideration and I look forward to seeing this feature in a
future release.

 

Best regards,

 

G. Mathew Lombard


No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition. 
Version: 7.5.484 / Virus Database: 269.12.1/965 - Release Date: 8/21/2007
4:02 PM
 

Reply via email to