Hi G.Mathew,

G. Mathew Lombard wrote:

I have been using OpenOffice v. 2.2 for a few months now.  It is a great
program.  As a lawyer, I would be great if OpenOffice could incorporate an
automatic Table of Authorities function similar to that of MS Office and
WordPerfect into a future release of the Writer software.  While I have read
suggestions about using the Table of Contents function, it simply isn’t the
same as the Table of Authorities functionality available in other
wordprocessors.

With the Table of Authorities function, the user inserts a code into the
document (using ALT + SHIFT + I).  The program marks all occurrences of that
text.  Then, when ready, the user uses the Insert > Reference > Index and
Tables command and the program creates a Table of Authorities.  The Table of
Authorities identifies every page on which a particular case, statute, rule,
etc. appears in the document.  This is different than a Table of Contents
since it includes every page on which a reference appears.


Thanks for writing and your explanation.
For me, it is not completely clear what you mean. But that must be my lack of knowledge in this area.

And have you tried what is possible with the index functionality?
I seldom use it, but I know it can at least create a table with all occurrences of marked text-items listed with the page numbers.

Kindest regards,
Cor


--

Cor Nouws
Arnhem - Netherlands
nl.OpenOffice.org - marketing contact

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to