Hi Jerome,

[...]
> the value of some of them (probably in the case of non-standard HTTP
> headers?) in your Restlets, then you need to *push* them to the uniform Call
> instance. This is what the sample converter code demonstrates.

Yes. But I cannot give my restlet to another developer and it just
works. She has to change her implementation just because I want to
read headers.
As long as I work in my microcosmos everything works fine but nobody
outside my microcosmos can use my Restlet and my utilities without
changing the implementation.

[...]
> Your current approach is *pulling* headers from the call, which I want to
> discourage because it needs some protocol/connector specific handling within
> the uniform Call and Restlets.

I understand your concerns and everything you write is right. I liked
the releases until b18, because releases < b18 provided the uniform
call but if an user really really wants / has to escape from the
uniform Call outside to the underlying technology it was possible.

[...]
> I already know about the X-Forwarded-For header scenario explained by John
> D. Mitchell, but I would be very interested to know more about your own
> scenarios, requiring you to manipulate raw HTTP headers. Anyway, call
> converters should cover your needs, indeed with some refactoring on your
> side. Let me know if I missed something.

I get (and set) for example something like this (source: [TMIP]):

  GET /internet/web//browser/bn`s HTTP/1.1
  Host: server1.farm.example.org
  Accepts: text/xml

But how do I get "X-TMIP-Accept-Scope" *without* modifying the uniform
call (side effects)?

Are my requirement too specific? ;)

[TMIP]
<http://www.idealliance.org/papers/extreme/Proceedings/html/2005/Barta01/EML2005Barta01.html>