Hi Jerome,

> Why not, the URI design is important too, I would probably do:
>  For the apple: /main?orange=picture&apple=text
>  For the orange: /main?orange=text&apple=picture
>
> > What if we want to modify the orange? Do we PUT the mainPage,
> > passing it the Orange info?
>
> No it wouldn't make sense. You would instead directly modify the Orange
> resource, either directly from the browser or via some edition pages (to
> allow multi-page edition for example).

But then how you return to the main page after you've modified the orange? Now
we're saying that the orange needs not be aware of the apple (the links are
managed at a higher level (the main page)); So what does the PUT operation
return? A description of the orange? It's not what we need. a
/main?orange=picture&apple=text uri? But how does the orange know it has to
include the apple?

-vincent.