Hi Matthieu,

> Basically I've a rich client application (Flex) accessing

Ah, but it's quite a different story, as the final (visual) representation is
assembled on the client, not on the server.

>  I considered each resource as
> being kind of a "virtual web page", with one URI and  one (or several if
> required) "layouts" (representations). The application accesses the  required
> resources, and assembles them for display.

So if one page displays A and B, and another page displays A, B, and C,
 A knows it has two layouts (a/B and A/B/C). If you later add D to the page,
you'll add a third layout for A. Is that correct?

> An important point is that each resource includes links to all other
> resources it is logically linked to: the client has absolutly NO
> knowledge of the links between resources, it virtually navigates between
>them as needed. If A is linked  to A and B, when the client accesses A it
>  receives its representation, including a link to B and a link to C;

Let say these resources are independent one of another (For instance if
A is a weather report, B a news feed, and C your profile). Who is responsible
for linking them together? Does A know it's linked to B and C, or are these
associations established at a higher level?

A's representation contains a link to B and C, which means the client has
to GET  and C, and pass their representation to the template in order to
generate the page. So, do B and C's representations contain links to A?

-vincent.