Good day.

I think your question can reside at a number of different levels, but I'll take a stab at the simplest and most obvious. Hopefully this isn't so simple as to be of no use.

Here are a few lines of code from one of my JUnit tests, that acts as a client doing a GET against a restlet:

void testme() {
   Client client = new Client(Protocol.HTTP);
   baseUri = host + props.getProperty(KEY_URI);

Request request = new Request(Method.GET, baseUri + "/" + props.getProperty("callsign"));
   Response response = client.handle(request);
   Status status = new Status(response.getStatus().getCode());
assertTrue("test lookup callsign", Status.SUCCESS_OK.equals(status));

   System.out.println(response.getEntity().getText());
}

The Javadoc for org.restlet.data.Response shows that you can retrieve the entity in a number of different forms, including plain text, a DOM representation, and others, and at which point you're free to do with it what you will. I have not seen anything in print in this venue on the subject of taking the returned entity and casting it into an application POJO. My guess is that if you want the marshaling that attends typical WSDL-based techniques, you'll probably have to arrange for it yourself, perhaps with something Castor-like.

Hopefully that helps, and isn't too elementary.

Mark