Wow, cool info on the PCI compliance, John. Thanks.

Back to Eric's question, besides articles like Ray's, I'll also point out
that Adobe themselves (well, it was Macromedia back then) created a guide to
updating between the releases:

ColdFusion MX Migration Overview
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/coldfusion/articles/migration_overview/cfmx_migr
ation_guide_rs_update.pdf

Migrating Your Application to ColdFusion MX
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/coldfusion/articles/migrating.html

Migrating ColdFusion 5 Applications
http://livedocs.adobe.com/coldfusion/6/Migrating_ColdFusion_5_Applications/c
f_migration_guide.htm

Indeed, the whole of the CF6 docs are online still at:

http://livedocs.adobe.com/coldfusion/6/

There were still a few other pages/documents previously available in the 6
timeframe which now get a page at Adobe saying that 6.1 is no longer
supported. Fair enough, but for those who want the documents, you can find
them via the wonders of the internet "wayback machine' at archive.org (which
often holds old versions of pages no longer available online). Some of the
old ones available there are:

http://www.adobe.com/products/coldfusionmx61/whitepapers/pdf/6_1/cfmx61_feat
ure_comparison_matrix.pdf
http://www.adobe.com/products/coldfusionmx61/productinfo/features/
http://www.adobe.com/products/coldfusionmx61/productinfo/upgrade/

and even a breeze movie at:
http://www.adobe.com/products/coldfusionmx61/productinfo/features/whats_new/

(Again, you must view these via the archive.org site, not by directly
visiting the URLs offered above.)

Now, some may wonder: how the heck do I have all that info? Well, I'll also
say, for Eric and anyone else making the move from 5 (or earlier) to 6, 7,
or 8 that I have a daylong class on "New in CFMX 6, 7 - What did you miss?"
I have gathered this info over the past several years and its part of what I
offer in the class (resources) in addition to walking folks through the
hundreds of changes in 6, 6.1, 7, 7.01, and 7.02. I currently offer a
preview of the class (both a PDF and a recording) at:

http://carehart.org/presentations/#newin67

A lot of shops who did move to 6 or 7 often just parked their code and never
took advantage of what was new. This course will help you realize the
hundreds (yes, hundreds) of things you may have missed. I'm planning to
offer that as an online (or on-site) course in the near future. If anyone's
interested, drop me a line ([EMAIL PROTECTED]).

/charlie

  _____