From: Emile Melbourne <emile.melbou...@gmail.com>
To: discussion@acfug.org
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2008 12:00:42 PM
Subject: [ACFUG Discuss] Blocking a ColdFusion website's directory

Hey Everyone,

I am currently in the process of building my first secured site.  Most pages of
the site will be behind a login page.  I'm using ColdFusion's Application.cfc
onRequestStart function to check if a user is logged in or not.  Thats pretty
much boiler plate.

My concern is how to prevent an non authorized user from accessing or
hotlinking to non ColdFusion page. (i.e, images, pdfs, swfs, .txt etc).

Whats the best way to ensure a user can't link directly to these items but
instead be redirected to login.cfm instead?

Is there a way to lock down an entire directory?

Thank you for all your help
Emile

List hosted by FusionLink