From: ad...@acfug.org [mailto:ad...@acfug.org] On Behalf Of Troy Jones
Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 4:45 PM
To: discussion@acfug.org
Subject: RE: [ACFUG Discuss] cfmail issue

I tested the new snippet in the exact same place in the same template. It
tested successfully. I also added some output on the page that was based on
running the isValid() function against the email addresses that the mail is
being generated to and from. Again, that tested successfully. However, in
the mail body itself, there is a looping <cfmailparam> tag that inserts
pictures as attachments. I ran the original snippet with those commented out
and was able to get some mail pieces to generate. So, suspecting the data, I
tested against a different result set, but using the <cfmailparam> loop, and
it was successful. So, with all this in mind, here is what I know:

.         Cold Fusion version is CF8 Enterprise (multi-server install)

.         The cfmail service is active and responding

.         The smtp server is functioning as intended

.         The data being consumed by the cfmail tag is correct and valid

.         The syntax for the tag(s) is correct and valid

.         The cfmail will not execute for the given result set when leaving
the cfmailparam loop in place

.         It will execute when removing the cfmailparam loop

.         Other mail executes as originally intended with different record
sets using the cfmailparam loop

.         All other cfmail instances, both in other templates and the one in
question, execute properly.

.         File changes are being recognized (evidenced when I input code to
intentionally error the template)

At this point, I am suspecting an issue with the actual files that are being
included as attachments. It seems about the only avenue left before diving
into the underlying java. But I agree with your assertion, Charlie, it
doesn't add up or make a whole lot of sense. If I figure it out before you
guys can, I will be sure and let ya know.

Thanks again for all your input.

Troy Jones

Dynapp Support Team

678-528-2952