No love from anyone for CF411. :-(  How can I get people to say, whenever
anyone asks "what tools are there to do xyz", to tell them to check out
cf411.com. I'm not selling anything there. :-) It exists precisely to help
with these questions.

Dusty, check out:

Excel File Processing Tools

http://www.cf411.com/#excel

for several different kinds and dozens of different resources for doing
CF/Excel processing, in both directions.

I realize you may wonder if I can say which of these many excel approaches
would be best for what you need, but I'm afraid I can't vouch for any. With
700+ tools/resources on the list (in 125+ categories), I really can't use
them all. But I do offer brief descriptions and links, which should help you
consider the options. (I also did an article presenting this info in the
last FAQU, in my back page column, if you have that.)

Hope that's helpful.

/charlie