Robert,

Here is a quick example I found that is from a couple of years ago but works
http://www.coldfusionjedi.com/index.cfm/2007/8/3/Simple-FIlter-as-you-type-ColdFusion-8-Demo.
I am trying to debug an issue where it is not filtering on the first letter
that I type but it is for the second letter and beyond.